It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas
The days are becoming increasingly shorter and the weather is far from encouraging, but still, Polish capital in winter with its Christmas preparations, will definitely surprise you.
In December, the streets and squares of Warsaw take on a special charm, creating the real festive atmosphere. Few places and attractions are especially worth mentioning:
- Hundreds of lights in various shapes and colors illuminating the along historical Royal Route
- Colorful, huge, 30-metre high Christmas tree on Castle Square
- Christmas fairs, small wooden houses decorated with colourful lights, located within the Old Town, offering handmade gifts and local specialities
- The ice skating rink in the Old Town Square, surrounded by picturesque, colorful houses and welcoming fair stands with hot chocolate and mulled wine
- Royal Garden of Light at Royal Palace Wilanow, that comes to life after dark with thousands of lights that are accompanied by music and thanks to the three-dimensional displays of light, video and sound beamed onto the façade of the palace, gives the feeling of being transported back in time to see history hundreds of years ago.
If you’re looking for snowy, ‘Christmasy’ location, where the festive, joyful atmosphere is more genuine than in many Christmas movies and commercials, Warsaw will not disappoint you.